Cancellations and Returns
The following information applies to orders placed via Charnley’s Home and Garden website and by the internet sales phone line.
What if I wish to cancel my order?
If after having placed your order you wish to cancel, all you need to do is email our web team at email@example.com or write to us at, Charnleys Home and Garden, Crooklands Brow, Dalton in Furness, Cumbria, LA15 8JH, or call our online department on 01229 464225.
Should you change your mind and choose to return your furniture, you have 14 days to advise us that you do not wish to keep your order. It is your responsibility to ensure the goods are in excellent, unused condition and in suitable packaging to avoid any potential damage. Goods must be returned within 14 days from cancellation by email or in writing by post.
Should a defect or fault be apparent with your furniture, you should make a note of the problem on the delivery note along with photos, or notify us as soon as practicable. All issues will be dealt with efficiently and in line with the Consumer Rights Act.
Due to hygiene reasons, any unpackaged mattresses, pillows and mattress toppers will be classed as used items and therefore cannot be returned. Partially assembled flat pack goods will also be classed as used and therefore cannot be returned.
We understand that you may not be able to return your items to our collection point. So, at your request, we can arrange collection for you during working hours (Monday – Friday) at an additional return fee of up to £80, goods must be made available for collection at our convenience within the 14 days. Upon receipt of your goods, the refund will be processed as soon as possible but no later than 14 days.
Please note- if you change your mind and wish to return an upholstery item a re stocking fee of up to 20% may be charged.
What if the goods are faulty?
In the unlikely event that your goods are faulty, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team on 01229 464225. It is important that you email us digital photos of the affected item so that we can assess the problems as quickly as possible sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We guarantee all products against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery. We reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault in more detail after initially assessing the product via digital photos. This guarantee does not cover reasonable wear and tear and any natural movements within the wood.
Faulty Goods Policy
Wood is obviously a natural product and we have listed some examples below that will not be classed as faulty or defective. By purchasing from Charnley’s Home and Garden you are accepting the statements below.
- We offer many different ranges of oak furniture that come in different colours, grain patterns and textures. Some ranges have a more clean oak finish with very little variation in colour and grain and some ranges have a more rustic nature with small knots, blemishes and colour variation across the table top. If you have a specific requirement for one of these types then please speak with one of our sales agents or email us for advice prior to ordering. On some occasions, there may be some limited use of wood filler during the manufacture of the furniture.
- Over time some expansion gaps may begin to appear within the table top areas of some wooden tables as they adjust to the seasonal variations of humidity within a modern central heated home which can be very dry in the winter months. This is usually very minor but is perfectly natural within some furniture ranges. We recommend that the temperature is controlled in the room where the table is used for the first few months to no more than 20 degrees Celsius to allow it to adjust to the dryer air within a home more naturally and gradually. If you decide to use your furniture in a conservatory or a room with underfloor heating it will invalidate your 12 month product guarantee as it may force the oak wood within your furniture to lose any remaining moisture too quickly.
- Some of the oiled oak tables that we offer may need re-oiling or waxing from time to time to maintain their resistance to liquid spills. In some cases a fresh coat or oil or wax depending on the range you may improve the colours within a table top. Failure to care for your furniture in the correct manner may invalidate your 12 month furniture warranty guarantee. We are more than happy to offer additional advice regarding how to care for your furniture.
- We recommend that any mats or partial coverings that are used on dining room tables are moved around every few weeks to reduce the chances of sunlight bleaching the colours across parts of the table top.
- We recommend that mats and coasters are used to keep plates, cups and glasses out of direct contact with the table surface. Any spillages on the furniture should be wiped up immediately with a dry lint-free cloth.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, please contact our Customer Services team on 01229 464225 (Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm). We will try to resolve any issues that you have as quickly as possible and if necessary we will explain how to follow our complaints procedure.
Terms and Conditions on our website apply to orders placed via the Charnleys Home and Garden website. For in-store purchases, please contact our store direct. The Customer is also responsible for paying any postage or shipping costs incurred when returning any products.